layout

3/09/2007

I am woman. .

Hear me roar. I did -- well almost. For those who don't know, Dustin has been in Germany for the last 2 weeks and he is coming home TONIGHT! Before he left, I was literally terrified of being left alone with 2 kids and a 5 week old for two weeks, but we did it. And it wasn't that bad. In fact, I kind of liked it. I didn't even sit in bed and cry or have a mental break down. My house stayed clean, I did the laundry. . .showered almost every day ;). . . and spent a lot of time on the phone. Of course I did pray for sanity and patience daily and I do have the BEST BEST BEST friends who helped out whenever I needed it. I know I say that all the time, but I am so blessed.

And speaking of laundry -- I just want to give a shout out to Spray N Wash Dual Power. That stuff is amazing. My mom bought some while she was here and I love it. Sadie pooped out of two outfits last week and I stupidly washed them and dried them without thinking about it. Of course I took them out of the dryer and the stains were still there. Then I re-washed them after treating them with the Spray N Wash. GONE! It's my new MUST HAVE.

On tap for this weekend:
Massage and pedicure (courtesy of my hubbie)
Sharing Time (haven't even started preparing)
Meetings galore (love love love those)
sleep :)

PS If you need any huge favors from me, now is the time to ask. I'm practically giddy counting down the hours. TGIF!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

YAY! You did it! (I'm singing the Dora song...)

I'm so glad he is coming home, and so glad that it is over for you! You did great.

Of course you had that blackberry to make food, clean your house, change diapers, and all that stuff. ;)

Isn't it weird how sometimes you feel you can stay on a better schedule when they are gone???

Love ya girl!

Ammon said...

Wow! I'm intimidated, I mean inspired, by your awesome-ness! And I totally agree about the hubby thing - it happens to me too and it's a mystery!

Lisa said...

maddy--you da man! i mean woman!! ha ha i am so jelaous of your massage!!! enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Woohoo!!!
See- it wasn't so bad. ;)