layout

3/28/2007

Stupid things I do

Today was a crappy day, so once I got the kids down for a nap, I waved to Dustin in the office and set off for some retail therapy. On my way home, I decided to get the mail. As I pulled up to the mail box, I pushed my garage door opener. I was actually bewildered when nothing happened, and I pushed it again. Yeah, DUH! I have to get out of my car and open the mailbox with a key. What was I thinking?

It reminded me of the time when I was multi-tasking one sleepless morning after Sadie was born. I opened my bathroom drawer to get a hair brush out, but instead I spit my tooth paste into the drawer.

And don't even get me started on why I was crying about the dentist today. I feel like every day, little bugs must be eating away at my brain cells. When they nibble away one at a time, you almost don't notice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WORD! haha

m

Anonymous said...

LMBO about spitting into the drawer! You definitely have a newborn in the house!

I think there is something about multiple children. It really does something to your brain.

Just don't take out the baby and put the garbage to sleep. ;)

Lisa said...

yeah--you lose 10% of brain cells for each child. i'm living proof of that!

Unknown said...

Welcome to baby brain-drain syndrome. It gets better- eventually... ;)

Anonymous said...

So sorry. I totally feel your pain - there are days when I wonder if I am even safe on the road, between the sleep deprivation and my missing brain cells.

laura said...

oh man! don't feel bad! my "baby" will be 4 in a few weeks, and i still do stuff like that! ha ha ha!! :)

Ammon said...

I think as moms we give our brain cells away to our kids...so just look at it as you are being such a selfless and loving mom!