layout

10/20/2008

Being Productive

Every Monday, Nate goes to pre-school and then Jackson's mom and I switch off having the boys over after school. Today was my day off and I took full advantage of it. As my girlfriend, who I kidnapped and made going shopping with me, asked where we were going I rattled off everywhere I needed to go. I was definitely not productive over Fall break and today I had to make up for it!

I was on the hut for Christmas gifts, Christmas PJs -- because you know you have to find them in October so you can get the cutest ones in sizes that fit, Halloween costume stuff, birthday stuff for Nate and Dustin, goodie bag stuffings, plus other various odds and ends like anti-wrinkle cream which I ran out of this morning.

We went to: Mervyn's, TJ Maxx, Target, Ross and then Barnes and Noble where we had lunch. I want to eat lunch at the Barnes and Noble Cafe every day! The food is good and there is NO ONE there. Which worked out well since I had Sadie with me and she was not in the mood to sit.

Then Kohl's and finally to Carter's since I couldn't find PJs I like in the sizes I need. I still need some for Nate, but Sadie and Ellie's are so stinking adorable -- and on sale :D

I made a huge dent in my Christmas shopping, got a skirt for my Halloween costume and got all the stuff for Nate's birthday party. WOO HOO! Somewhere in there I managed to go for a run and get my Visiting Teaching done too. YAY me! I guess it makes up for 2.5 weeks of laziness. OH! And throw a blog tag in there -- 7th folder/9th picture Holy cow -- could that chunk be Sadie?? It doesn't even look like her. She's so tiny with her little blonde hair now!

Back on topic of my AWESOMENESS! I still need to hit Costco, Toys R Us, Sally's Beauty supply and Wal-Mart. So if anyone is up for another marathon trip -- call me!!!

And so that is my COMPLETELY boring update. And since I know no one will have anything to comment on, leave me a comment on what you're doing to prepare for Halloween/Christmas, what your best shopping find was lately, a gift you're super excited to give. . .

12 comments:

Kathleen said...

yo my phone ain't working get online

Meredith said...

Jealous! Quite a day of productivity! I have a few dents in Christmas too. I lost a bid on Ebay for the one thing Lindsay has asked for...I will keep an eye out again. I was bummed.

Brenda Janda said...

Thanks Maddy, That was a way cute pic of the girls. Sounds like you were very productive. And thanks for the reminder on the PJ's, the older they get the harder it gets. I gotta get making some plans.

Brenda Janda said...

Thanks Maddy, That was a way cute pic of the girls. Sounds like you were very productive. And thanks for the reminder on the PJ's, the older they get the harder it gets. I gotta get making some plans.

Lara Neves said...

I'm impressed. I bow to your awesomeness.

I only have PJ's for Sophie so far. They were too cute. But, I guess they won't match this year. Sigh.

I think I need to go buy me some anti wrinkle cream.

Janel said...

I love those kind of days!! I have the Christmas ideas rolling around in my head....but they will stay there until after Halloween. Then the fun begins!!! I did get my moms b-day present figured out already (Nov.25) which is always more stressful than Christmas. We're going to the Rockettes Christmas show!!!

Molly said...

Ooh sounds productive. Ok but seriously, anti wrinkle cream?? You'r not even 29! I guess that's good to start early. I finally got Brynley some light pink cowboyish style of boots and they have rhinestones on the sides! I got em at Pumpkin Patch and probably spent way too much on them but I got to buy her two outfits as well in order to get 15% off my entire purchase. How did I con Andy into that one? Oh, the boots are technically for her Halloween costume but I am sure they will become a favorite pair of shoes for miss Bryn!

Lisa Brown said...

If I lived closer, I would totally go with you on your shopping adventure. Doesn't it feel good to be super productive? I did a similar type of thing yesterday, but instead of errands, I was cleaning my house :).

Lisa said...

those are good days. and i am doing nothing to prepare for anything!!! oh wait--i did buy a bunch of cases of food at fry's on sale--preparing for the end of the world!! LOL

Kaelene said...

That's awesome, Maddy! I love long shopping days, as long as there is food, too!
YOU GO GIRL!

Rach said...

Wow, just reading your post makes me tired. I didn't know Barnes and Noble had lunch, I'm going to have to check that out. I am being so lazy this year with Christmas shopping, I guess I better get on that.

Shauna said...

Now that's my kind of day!! Go, Girl! So, where did you find the Christmas jammies?