layout

10/06/2008

I've been burgaled

We actually spent the entire day over at the Ashton's yesterday -- watching Conference and then letting the kids play. While I was there, I got an e-mail from WhereisObama? with the message line: KIDNAPPED. . . but alive. And then there was an attachment. In this day and age, I'm not stupid enough to open an attachment from an e-mail address I don't know and figured it was some sort of political propaganda.

So we pull in about 8 pm and hurry put the kids to bed and finished picking up. Right before bed I go check my e-mail again and there is another e-mail from Mr. Where is Obama. This time the header says: Soakin' up some rays. I look at Dustin and say, "I think someone stole our Obama sign." He goes out to check and sure enough, our sign is GONE!!!!

So I open up these attachments to find the following pictures



Well now I know it's part of the McCain campaign's promise to "turn the page," but i know neither McCain nor Palin is personally responsible. We all know McCain can't use a computer, much less attach a picture to an e-mail, and Palin's from Alaska -- if you know what I mean. . . But I have no doubt that this the dirty works of someone from the campaign trying to restrict my Constitutional freedoms and crush the hopes and dreams of our children's futuresFinding the ransom note this morning.

PS The whole McCain/Palin internet thing is a joke. Hopefully you know my humor well enough to know that.

17 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

I am laughing so hard!!! It is a good thing I didn't have more than 4 kids or Craig would need to buy a new computer chair. I love the look on Nates face as he hold the, mismatched letters,ransom note. Wish I had thought of it.

Lara Neves said...

Hilarious! It wasn't me....just getting that out of the way.

Kat said...

Um, that's kind of funny! Nate isn't that sad is he? ;) I had to laugh about his convo with Jill

Kaelene said...

That's hilarious, Maddy! Hopefully Nate will be reunited with his beloved sign soon!

jeannie said...

We have not met, but I noticed you posted a comment on my sisters blog
(Quincy Sorensen).

You are good friends with my sister-n-law, Meredith Simpson. I have noticed that you always make the nicest comments on hers.

It is a small world!

Jeannie Simpson

Lisa Brown said...

I can't believe someone kidnapped your sign - poor Nate. I am still laughing though. Has it been returned yet?

Kathleen said...

oh my word! i am going to peel a mccain sticker off a car every hour that sign is not returned!! MARK MY WORDS!

Anonymous said...

well, meant to be a joke, but clearly nate doesn't see the humor. it's tough when a three-year-old needs to see how rotten people are.

Chelsea said...

I read my comment on my blog and was really so confused........
So NO...It wasn't me!! I would have just put a McCain sign next to yours :) Ya right...you know I hate talking about politics.
Clever clever trick on you though!
About tonight...I am packing :( And doing way too much laundry. I should have planned better. I miss my besty already!!

Meredith said...

This is the FUNNIEST thing I have seen in a long time!!! You have one (or several conspiring) very clever friends!

Ahhhh....now I know why you said I posted as you on a blog! I see my SIL Jeannie commented! Well, the world really is small though, isn't it? You said Quincy knows your friend anyway so it is just one big happy family, right?

Anonymous said...

Nate's sad little face breaks my heart! whoever took the sign please bring it back! grandma love you nate! it's time for change -- bring back the sign!

Janel said...

LOL I think your sign TOTALLY had it coming! I do feel bad for poor Nate though! Awwww! Do you want a McCain sign to hold its place till Obama comes back?? Nate wont even know the difference! *ducks to avoid a punch*

Unknown said...

Omigosh- that is hysterical!! And it wasn't me- I'm in California right now. ;)

Oh- and your anon friend needs to find some humor... :P

Molly said...

Aaaa, I am dying here. Seriously, that is so clever, you have some pretty clever friends! I can't wait to see if you ever get that sign back!

Rogers said...

I feel so bad for nate. I really laughed though it made my day! Everytime we see an Obama sign we think of you! I think we will write your name in for President!

Kerry said...

Whoever did it seriosly has some computer skills though. THat's a nice looking ransom note!

Mamacita said...

I wish I had thought of it! Sorry Nate, but if it makes you feel better it looks like it's being put to good use!