layout

10/21/2008

House of Crazies

And the photo evidence to prove it!

Sunday morning, Ellie got a hold of the camera while I was showering and getting ready for church. I actually think this picture is creative genius!
Sadie really cracks me up. Except when we're walking back into Sacrament Meeting and she screams across the chapel, "DADDY! DADDY! I GOT YOU DADDY!"
Ellie drew this frog for Uncle Kyle.
Nice face!

And the craziest of them all: their mother. I haven't been sleeping very well lately because I wake up at about 5 am every morning worrying about everything I need to get done. My brilliant idea this morning was a way to cut down on shopping for my Halloween costume. I needed to get some fake clip n hair so it would look like I had bangs, but instead I decided to save myself the time and energy and just cut myself some bangs. FOR A HALLOWEEN COSTUME??? What was I thinking? Not that I hate them, but it's been a good ten years since I've had bangs and I just woke up one morning thinking this would be a good idea?? I guess in my defense I had gone to bed with the idea. Of course my artistic photo director took my picture. She even told me how to pose. Thanks Ellie!
See the vacuum cleaner in the background? That has been living there for over a week. I keep thinking I'm going to get everything vacuumed on the same day and then I get around to one, so it just sits there waiting for all the rooms to be finished at the same time.

23 comments:

Casey said...

I LOVE Ellie's frog picture - so good and cute! Your kids are so super cute! BTW I did notice the vaccuum cleaner sitting there when I was over the other night. hehehe.

Lara Neves said...

If those are your bangs, I think it turned out quite well. But you're still crazy. :) Are you surprised your children are?

AZ Hey-mon said...

We can barely even tell the bangs are there, bummer I was hoping that it would be more drastic and curled under and over with the skinny curling iron. I do love that photo of Nate.

AZ Hey-mon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

Those bangs are nice. I have tried to have bangs in the last couple years and it does not work. I have a weird cowlick. Anyway, I love seeing what the kids come up with for pictures. Cracks me up.

Danika said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who can't sleep at 5 a.m. because I'm worried about things. But I'm definitely not sleepless because of Halloween costumes...

swampbaby said...

Let me guess - you are going as Sarah Palin for Halloween?

Molly said...

The bangs are super cute! I hope they're long enough that they will stick to your eyelashes when you blink! I love Sadie's pig tails, they are so adorable! Love the frog picture, we had a frog experience today, I need to blog about it. It totally reminds me of Kyle and Kathleen!

Rach said...

I think you did a great job on the bangs, and I love the pose. Ellie might have a future in photography!!

Kaelene said...

I have to agree . . . that picture of Nate is GREAT! Go Ellie!!

Rickie said...

I'm glad Nate is loving that tu-tu more and more every day. Ellie should definately go into photography. So awesome. And, I think your bangs are cute, but I pictured more, I think that is very subtle, but I like it.

Rickie said...

Oh, and waking up every morning at 5 am and not sleeping well, are you pregnant?

Lisa Brown said...

Ellie did a great job with those pictures. I love the upsidedown one :). Hope things calm down for you and you get more sleep.

Rogers said...

Take a tylenol pm before you go to bed that will help you sleep. the bangs look great I was thinking something more drastic than that. I thought my weekend was busy then I looked at yours you run circles around me. slow down I can't catch up.

The Tyler's said...

K, what were you talking about earlier?? They look so cute! Way to sacrifice the hair for a Halloween costume. I'll keep that in mind when we are voting for best costume!

Anonymous said...

I love it when Ellie gets the camera -- she is so artistic! Love the upside down Nate and I can't stop laughing at Sadie with the swim mask on! And you my darlink look so exotic! Love you!

Lisa said...

those are bangs? really? where? you look great though. you just need the spectacle now!!!

i love sadie. she needs to come live with me!!!!

Jamie said...

Sadie is getting so big!!! Ellie has some mad drawing and photography skills. :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Halloween costume. :)

Janel said...

Well I thought your bangs would be a little more dramatic too.....They look cute!! I can't wait to see your costumes!
I'm up at all wierd hours lately too, but its because of Thanksgiving, not Halloween or Christmas :D

Mike and Kimmy said...

Your bangs look adorable! I think you look like a hottie, posing and all. : ) Hey, what part of AZ do you live in?

jacque said...

Love the upside down pic. Is that the infamous pink tu-tu that he is wearing?! I thought it was banned! Your bangs are cute!

jacque said...

Love the upside down pic. Is that the infamous pink tu-tu that he is wearing?! I thought it was banned! Your bangs are cute!

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Your kids are hilarious! I'm sure Uncle Kyle appreciated the frog! Your bangs are cute, but I can't imagine waking up one day and deciding to cut bangs for myself. You'e crazy!
Have you ever cooked any recipes from Hilbillie Housewife? Do you know if they are any good?