layout

10/26/2008

I Get Around!

In honor of my sister -- a marathon post! Since I've been on last, we've been up to a few fun things.

Schnepf Farms -- I love that place! There's a train ride for Nate, the Merry-Go-Round for Ellie and the "spooky slide" for Sadie. Poor Sadie did NOT like the Carousel. We put her on a horse and even the thumb in her mouth was shaking. There are also all these cheesey fair type rides for the kids that they just go on over and over again. Plus a petting zoo, pig races, a pumpkin patch, face painting. . . It was actually even cold enough that we had to put on our hoodies. Look at poor Sadie's face. She's screaming: GET ME OFF THIS THING!


Probably the last thing Sadie enjoyed.

It's dark but that's Dustin, our friend and Nate waving from the train. Ellie is not waving because she is crying. The ride on the roller coaster before she had to sit by a stranger and I guess it was too traumatic for her to recover from.

He's a boy!

I think Sadie is trying to get off this ride too. See the look of joy on my face??

House of Tricks -- Dustin's friend and his wife were in town, so we met them for dinner up in Tempe at the House of Tricks -- recommendation courtesy of Lisa. When Dustin was checking out their website, he sent me a picture from their website. :D And on our way up, we got a text message with a picture of the newest Casabar baby! Congrats Holly and Damon!

Primary Program -- Saturday we had our practice and a pizza party for the kids. Sunday the kids did AMAZING! I was so proud of them and so grateful to Jill for writing such a great program. They were little rock starts up there singing their hearts out and almost all of them had their parts memorized. We have the greatest kids in our Primary. I also made it over to watch my friend Rickie's Primary Program and to two meetings on Sunday. It was kind of fun to sit and watch someone's Program instead of scrambling along through it, but that was a long day.

Somewhere in here, the kids had three birthday parties. Including Ellie getting to watch High School Musical 3 -- I'm kind of sad I missed seeing it with her, but Nate told me I could take him.

Dustin's birthday -- I threw him a party where we went on a family vs. family photo scavenger hunt, idea courtesy of Kasia, and then back to our house for cake and ice cream. A few items: Everyone with hats on. Yes, Ellie picked out her own hat

Ugliest Halloween Decoration. You had to have a member of the team in each picture and it was Sadie's turn. We gave her the thing and she THREW IT BACK AT US! "I don't want it." So we tried to explain that she needed to hold it. Gave it back to her. BAM! Throws it right out. "I don't like it." So then we decided it was pretty comical how much she hated the thing -- which meant it must truly be hideous.

Tacky shower curtain. I love the tongue through the tooth hole smile and I think my sister would have LOVED this shower curtain when she was younger.

Dustin even came away from the hunt with some awesome birthday gifts -- like a Santa tee shirt, fish net stockings, and a birthday card from George and Laura Bush! Our friends know us too well.

And today is Nate's birthday party. Like in an hour. And I'm still in my running clothes from this morning, dinking around on the computer. I should probably be getting ready for it, all I have to say is: If I ever decide I want to make Nate's birthday cake again, please remind me of my lack luster cake decorating skills!

16 comments:

Danika said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only parent who tortures their children by making them go on rides!

And yes, from the sound of some of your posts, Natalie and Sadie should be best friends! Though I can only imagine the trouble they would dream up together...

Kathleen said...

i want desperately to talk tonight but i have lab:(

your hair looks A-MAZE-ING!! you are the prettier version of me, though. seriously in one of the pictures I was like, that is me... but prettier.

i miss you guys a ton a ton a ton. i am going to move to arizona if and only if there is another scavenger hunt party. k?

Kathleen said...

p.s. did ellie pick her own hat out??

Rach said...

We took Jordan on a little roller coaster once when he was little and he screamed the WHOLE time. To this day he is still not much of a roller coaster rider. I think everyone had their Primary Program this weekend. Fun idea for Dustin's birthday.

sandra said...

OK now I need to take the kids to Schneff farm...looks like fun! And I can't wait to see what you've done for Nate's cake...being the kitchen expert that you are! Ha! Ha! :) But you still seem to pull off such cute things!

Rickie said...

So, I can't believe we've lived here for 5 years and still have not been to sneftpjt farms (however you spell it). Looks like it is fun, we'll have to give it a try one of these years. By the way, DAven had so much fun at Nate's party today. It was really cute. And, I think you have great cake-making skills from what I can tell.

The Petersons said...

Maddy, what fun you guys are having! Your kids are adorable, Sadie looks just like you- cute cute!! happy birthday Dustin and Nate -Kami

Rogers said...

I love schnepf farms! we went a couple of years and had a blast! You always are doing fun and crazy stuff, I love it!

Okay Wednesdays letters I loved I can't believe you didn't like it. I did not like book #4 of the Twilight series, and I hated the Host by Meyer. I gave my book away. I guess it is all about perception and life. God is a forgiving person which is the theme of the book.

Kaelene said...

Wow, Maddy, you guys sure know how to pack in the activities! That picture scavenger hunt looks like a GREAT and fun idea!
Happy Birthday, Nate and Dustin!

Amber said...

Love Love Love the picture scavenger hunt ideal! Michael's
30th Birthday is next month and I am trying to figure out what to do for that!

Happy Birthday Nate and Dustin!

Cannot wait to see all the kids on the street in their costumes too!

Megan said...

It all looks like so much fun!

AZ Hey-mon said...

I sure hope we will be getting to see a picture of the cake.Schnepf farm does look mighty fun. Where was nate's halloween shirt?

AZ Hey-mon said...

I sure hope we will be getting to see a picture of the cake.Schnepf farm does look mighty fun. Where was nate's halloween shirt?

Meredith said...

So sad we missed Dustin's party but it looks like you have had a great week!

Brenda Janda said...

Sounds like great fun. Sorry I missed the program. It sounded like it went awesome which of course I knew it would. With you and your awesome presidency. GREAT JOB

Lisa Brown said...

I can't wait for our PP this year, mostly because I get to sit in the congragation and watch it for the first itme in forever :). It sounds like you have been having a great time - I love the family photo scavenger hunt idea.