layout

10/13/2008

Other things that happened

I know it's been 24-7 political coverage around here lately ;p, so I thought I'd lighten it up with some of the other events of last week.

Halloween shirts came from Grandma Rogers! My kids have a real obsession with Halloween shirts for some reason. They each have 3 or 4. No other holiday demands this many t-shirts. I buy most of them on sale after Halloween and save them for the next year. Grandma Rogers' light up, though! You can't beat that.

It was spirit week at the Childcare at my Gym. My kids were really into it. See Crazy Hair Day? Nate surprised me the most. For the first 6 months he was potty trained, he always put his underwear and pants on backwards. We worked REALLY hard on getting him to put them on the right way. So one day was Backwards day and guess who REFUSED to wear anything backwards? Little booger.

We went up to Prescott. My girlfriend Lisa has the CUTEST girls. My kids had so much fun playing with them. Nate basically loves anyone who plays dress up. We even went swimming. I think the high was like 7o that day and the wind was horrible, but the pool was heated so the kids actually swam.
The hot tub didn't hurt either. Lisa also has the coolest Halloween house. Ellie told her, "Your house is the spookiest house I've seen so far in my life." She has one of those huge guys from Target that talks and black flowers in skeleton heads. Her table centerpiece is glittery skulls and bugs. It was so so fun!

Lisa is also super talented, so we had her take our pictures while we were up there. I think it was hurricane season or something because poor Sadie almost gone blown over it was that windy. You can see a sneak peak on her blog. She does such a great job because my kids were HUGE stinkers. They refused to smile or sit still and instead of saying "Cheese," Sadie would throw her head back and scream, "LISAAAAAAA!"

And then to end the week, Ellie's tooth fell out last night. It needed to come out a week ago, but she would not let us pull it out. It was so gross to see it just hanging there, so thank heavens it's gone. The Tooth Fairy came and left a little note about how dirty her room was. Is that mean?

And Sadie acknowledged that I was the funniest person in the world

14 comments:

lynette said...

I'm glad amidst your Obama hijinks you were having a fun week! And, was the photo shoot for your family picture for your Christmas card?

Lara Neves said...

So I was looking at your sneak peek and Joel came in, saw the first one of Sadie and said "That looks like Maddy Rogers!" Then I scrolled down a bit and he said, "Oh." :)

I love Halloween shirts. I need to go dig them up. I'm running out of time.

Meredith said...

The photos look great! Obviously Dustin loves ya! The kiddos are of course darling and I love Nate's sweater. You can see that tooth of Ellie's screaming to come out though.

Rogers said...

I agree with Sadie, I love reading your blog because you are the funniest person in the world! Looks like you had a great week. Ellie is lucky the toothfairy actually comes to your house. The toothfairy takes sometimes a week before the fairy makes it to our house.

Maddy said...

Lynette -- There'd better be a shot in there to use for Christmas cards in there or else I'll shoot myself. My kids are so horrible to try and get to sit still for pictures that I think this will be the last family shoot for a good 5 years ;D

The Tyler's said...

That one of Sadie that your friend took is too die for! Please get that framed really big.
Thanks again for kicking my butt this morning. I need that extra push and now I feel great!!

Kaelene said...

I love that picture of Sadie laughing .. . I can just imagine the sound of her laughter! There is something about children laughing that makes me smile and feel a little melancholy, all at the same time . . . you know me, a little emotional sometimes! :)

Lisa said...

i can still here sadie saying "lisaaaaaaaaa" in my sleep. ha ha so funny. hey--there just might be a christmas photo in there--you never know! ha and it was 27 this a.m. when my girls left for school. so no more swimming!

Kathleen said...

ellie looks like a super model. light up halloween shirts are awesome, but scary. i can def see how finding a good shot of all three of your camera spazoids would be hard. sadie laughing-- i think the funniest person in the world thing might be a fib, but i am open to the possibility.

miss you!

love, your fave sistah

Rach said...

My son used to put his clothes on backwards when we were potty training him. What's up with that? Cute pictures, sounds like you had a fun trip. And, I 'm glad that someone else gets a fall break. We are the only district here who gets one and I was beginning to think my kids were the only ones who weren't going to school.

Amy F. said...

That was so fun to read and catch up on. I've been bad lately about my blogging (or I should say, I've toned it down ;)
Okay, so I actually heard the story about the sign from Miss Katherine and Jill when we went running (I hadn't checked your blog so I had no idea...) and I was dying! You guys are so funny! I love the hippo ransom. I'm sure you'll find some way to get them back ;)
Thanks to you I am really excited for Halloween too this year. I'm mostly excited to carve pumpkins and bake pumpkin seeds, etc.
Those pictures turned out really cute! What a fun trip. And Sadie is right, you are the funniest person alive! ;)

Chelsea said...

Katherine did it?! That is too funny!!!! Way to go Katherine!!

Hurray to get a ministaycation for you during break! We just did pictures too. Awh, cute twinsies we are ;) Except you look gorgeous in yours!!!! I can't wait to see them all!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I love the pictures and the pictures that Lisa took are wonderful -- when do I get my very own copies! Love you all!

Rickie said...

Oh, so those pictures are so cute. I can't wait to see all of them. YOu have to tell me when you get the CD, I want to see them all. I think Nate must have been sick of wearing things backwards that had to be it. He is always cracking me up. Daven is going to miss him today. He is perking up a bit, I'm wondering, should we have gone to playgroup?? Hope it was so much fun.