layout

4/15/2007

It's a beautiful day in the neghborhood


They broke ground on the lot across the street from us. It's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. Will we like them? Will they like us? What will their house look like? Will they have kids? Will they mow our lawn for us ? OK, most neighbors aren't THAT nice.

We live on a really unique street. The homes are custom, so the houses go up when the owners are ready to build. Each time a new house starts to go up, my curiosity kills me.

On our street, people have trees and grass and yellow colored houses. That isn't easy to find in Arizona anymore. The moms stay at home and the kids run wild. I call our neighbors "friends." We sit outside and chat, wave from our cars, heck we even go to church with half of them. When the weather is decent, we're all outside chatting while the kids ride their bikes and run in and out of different houses. We watch each other's kids, feed each other's kids, run errands for each other. We send our kids to take butter, sugar or a melon baller over to a neighbor. It's the kind of street where people actually *have* mowed our lawn for us.

The best thing about our street is that I love it. And so I wait for new neighbors and what they will bring.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Your street is cool. I always love driving down it. It feels almost movie-ish.

I know what you mean about the lot across from you breaking ground too. I just noticed yesterday that our next door neighbors (who are awesome!) put a for sale sign up in the yard. Trevor asked me, "What if the new neighbors are mean?" That's when I felt the same way you do. Will we like them? Will they like us? Will they have kids that grow up to be best friends with our kids? Or will they have parties until 4 in the morning! Aaaaa! It makes me feel like Mrs. Kravitz.

Ammon said...

O






k, now I'm jealous! Thanks! :P

Ammon said...

Wesley grabbed the keyboard right as I was publishing my comment...sorry for the weirdness!
Life with kids, huh!

Lisa Brown said...

You are very blessed! I would love that someday, but now I am settling for having said hello to the people who live below and across from us. Sad, I know.