layout

4/11/2007

Projects

I've got a million little things going on right now and I love it. I love being busy and I love scrambling from one thing to another. Here's what I have in the pipeline.

1. Sadie's blessing. Both of our parents are flying in, so I'm trying to get ready for that. Wash towels, change sheets, weed the yard, clean out the garage, paint the trim where Nate spilled nail polish, plan the menu for all the people we're going to have to feed afterwards, clean out the closet in the guest room. . . Luckily, I still have a week.

2. Susan's shower. It's on Saturday, so I've been cleaning the house like crazy, shopping up a storm, planning games, favors, decorations. . .

3. Scrappy stuff. I've been in the scrapping mood lately. I'm finishing up Christmas right now, so I think that only puts me 4 months behind. Plus getting all of Ellie's birthday invites and Susan's invites out was fun. I've also been working on my Christmas picture album, an album for my mom for mother's day and my blog. I'm sure blogger won't be around forever, so I've been printing off the blog entires and pictures and putting them in a scrapworks album. Of course, all my scrapping projects have hindered my efforts to clean out the guest room.

4. Primary stuff. We've got the big talent show coming up and tomorrow is Presidency Meeting and we're going out to dinner for it. Can't wait to get out and planned. We get to come up with more names to staff Primary.

5. Ellie's birthday. I've been getting stuff for goodie bags and planning all of the festivities. I love girl parties! Of course, Ellie has 2 parties before then, so I'm sure she'll come home with MORE things she wants to do at her party and more people to invite.

It's fun to neglect the laundry!

Before I go, a few pictures for my fam :
My kids NOT smiling like normal children. I guess i'm just *that* heeeelarious
Nate taking pictures of Sadie (he even told her to, "say cheese")
What happens when I let Ellie dress herself ("It's a pattern mom! Pink, hot lava pink, pink!")
Sadie deciding she hates me ;)



5 comments:

Ammon said...

Sounds to me like you're working harder than a one legged lady in a Dancing Contest! (*This is a reference to Dancing with the Stars for anyone who's wonderin'!)

Ammon said...

Hey, I'm back.
I'm throwing a shower next week too and I wonder what games are you doing? I'm trying to find something original and cute and not cheesy or overdone!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. that picture of ellie in the patterned outfit she looks so old!! i am seriously in tears! and you my dear, are the most beautiful girl on the planet. your kids are so cute. i love nate in the open mouth picture!! i love them all! poor sadie! she is getting so chubby and i actually kind of like it! i love you!! and miss you TONS!
love, lola

Maddy said...

Lynette -- When I get some time later today, I'll type up a few ideas and send them via Ammon. Don't get your hopes up, they're not that great, but I'll pass them along anyway. :) M

Lisa Brown said...

I'm so jealous that you are only four months behind in your scrapbook! I seem to be perptually 3 years behind. Oh well. That all started during the 2 years teaching school when I had no energy to scrapbook.

Oh, and your kids are so cute!! I love all the sweet things Ellie says. I need Lily to start reminding me to be better, as I have not been the greatest example lately.

And i totally feel your pain on having to restaff your primary - doesn't it seem like that is a never-ending struggle?

I hope everything goes well and you get all your projects finished :)!