layout

4/14/2007

Party on Wayne. . .


Party on Garth. I love a reason to party, so this weekend has been lots of fun. Last night the EQs had a Progressive Dinner on our street. Our theme was Chinese, so I went and bought some cheap paper lanterns and borrowed a Chinese table cloth from a girlfriend. I even put the forks in a little take-out box. It was sort of last minute, which was perfect because then I didn't have days to stress out about it (not that I didn't while on the paper lantern hunt). Afterwards, we ended up playing games over at our house. I've never had so much fun playing Apples to Apples. (OK, the picture isn't fantastic -- I didn't take it -- but if you look reaaaally hard, you can see my FABO lanterns -- which my children have now ruined).

Today I threw my girl friend Susan a shower (see my cute girl friend --->). She's due with boy #4, so we had to pamper her with girl things. It was a delicious lunch and I didn't have to cook anything, so it worked out perfectly! I can do the invitations, do the decorating, do the games. . . I am just not a good cook. Thank heavens my husband goes along with all my grand shindigs and cooks delicious food for me. I also have to give him mad props for taking all 3 kids out during the shower. He even took them grocery shopping. Alone. I am SUPER impressed. I haven't even been brave enough to take 3 kids to the store yet.

Good times! Luckily we get to do it all over again in a few months for my just-as-cute girlfriend, Jacque (see cute Jacque --->). Yes, she is pregnant. 5 months. You can't even tell. If I didn't love her so much, I'd have to hate her. She's having a boy after 2 girls, so it's time to welcome her to the world of trains, and cars and trucks! I think I'm all out of baby shower games, though. We may have to resort to the candy bars in the diaper game.

And one last picture from today for you, since Nate hasn't had a lot of blog face time. While I was talking to my parents on the phone, I noticed that Nate had sneaked out of my room. It was quiet enough so I figured he wasn't disturbing anyone's nap. When I finally made it into the kitchen, there he was in all his chocolate glory. Enjoying shower leftovers. (At least he knows when he's a mess and cleans himself up).

And wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! New template! Do you LOVE it? I must admit, I found the site from my neighbor's blog. Turns out she blogs too, checked out her site (linked as Janel on the side) and she had the CUTEST template. Followed the link to the person who did hers. . . Super duper easy to do! M

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I do love your new template :) - it is very springy and fun. And what's up with all the adorable skinny pegnant women?? Is that an Arizona thing :)?

And yes, you do have an amazing husband for doing that for you. I pruposely planned my party for when Kevin would be gone, that way he didn't have to deal with my need to entertain - he he! He did clean the carpets for me before he left though, so I am not complaining :).

Lisa Brown said...

Hust clicked on your "what I want" link - I am so with you!! I already have mine picked out, we are just waiting a few months until we have the down payment. My beautiful light blue Odyddey will be mine soon . . .