layout

4/16/2007

PROOF!


This is proof that my house DOES get messy at times. People seem to have this idea that my house is always spotless and organized. But it's not! I swear! Today some of the neigborhood kids came over (we've started a little co-op thing) and it was only a matter of minutes before the house was littered with toys. My kids loved it!!

So this blog entry will have a little of something for everyone. Pictures of my messy house (for all my friends) and pictures of the kids (for my family who complained that the last few posts didn't have enough pictures).

Why is when you have other kids over, your own children are the worst behaved? Ellie was mothering everyone, and Nate was not in the mood to share, so he spent a lot of time in time out. I did manage to get some weeding done while all the kids were here. They were loving all over Sadie, so I took the opportunity to get rid of the jungle that was our backyard. Who knew weeds could grow that fast.

My favorite part of the morning was when Ellie and Wyatt were playing doctor. Ellie even decided to be pregnant during a portion of this. She shoved a doll up her dress and everything and wandered around the house showing all the kids.













Doesn't she look fabulous in all her pregnant glory. See how she even knows that when you're taking a picture and pregnant, you put your hand under your belly to prove that you are indeed pregnant and not just fat.

Seriously, my kids pretend play so realisticly. This morning, before everyone got here, Ellie was making us pretend breakfast. She made me my bowl of oatmeal. Just as I was about to take a bite, Nate pops in and says, "I want a bite." So I feed him a pretend bite, which he spits out and yells, "HOT HOT!" True to life, I tell you! We go through that routine almost every morning.






One more picture from the day: Sadie and Sadie :) The other Sadie was off at school, but someday I'll have to get a picture of them 3 cute Sadies. And yes, Kathleen, I *know* it's not the best angle for my Sadie, but you can see her cute dimples.

PS My house is now clean -- it took an hour, but it's done.






and proof that I scrapbook. Kerry keeps harrassing me to see my LOs. I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe that I *have* in fact been a scrapping fool.

9 comments:

Kerry said...

How is it that even with toys everywhere it still looks like an organized mess??? I don't believe it, I still think you never let your house get dirty. ;)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the layouts! Maddy! You did some awesome pages!! You need to scrap more often. Infact, you need to do some of my pages. I like yours better!!!

SOOOOO cute!

Lisa said...

oh my gosh! did i fall off the planet? sheesh! talk about blog mania--new template, new pics, new scrap pages!! do you sleep ever?? love it all maddy! especially the I need and I want section! HA

Michelle said...

dude, seriously, having toys on the floor WHILE children are THERE PLAYING

DOES
NOT
MAKE
A
MESSY
HOUSE.

Nice try, loosah. :)

Michelle said...

oh and DANG CUTE pages!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the personal note about me telling you your baby isn't cute... i think i said it once, and you have to admit it was a kind of hein picture. anyway, they are all beautiful as always. my favorite picture is DEFINITELY the one of ellie pretending to be pregnant!! HI-larious! also, i love the scrap pages, sistah. i want to see them in person. oh wait, we never see each other!! i love the one of nate in a ballerina outfit on christmas!!


LOOOOVVVEEEE YOUUUUU

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I agree with Michelle!
I joined in the "Celebrate Maddy" on my blog -- check it out!!
Kaelene

Ammon said...

Hey, SuperMom, when do you find the time? Seriously, you're making me look bad!

swampbaby said...

Those dimples are SO DANG CUTE! Oh, and you are never invited to my house because you would probably dry heave at all the unkeptness of it.... ;-)

Lisa Brown said...

I think the kids are worse because it's all about turf wars :). When it is your house, the kids turn into protective bossy crazy people, but at other peoples houses they are exploring and getting to enjoy new/different things :).

Oh, and I love your layouts!