layout

4/23/2007

Wheeeee

We're still having fun -- Ellie is off at the park with Dustin's parents (while the two littlest nap). Today we said good bye to my parents, so in honor of their flight home, I thought I'd give them something fun to look at when they got back.

My mom and dad flew in Thursday morning a 9 -- which meant they had the whole day to play with the kids. They went to "Meet the Robinsons" and then us girls went to get pedicures. Ellie and I were both got flowers and jewels but I guess my mom thought she was too "old" for for that sort of thing. You're never too old for jewels on your toes ;). Went out for mexican and got to bed at a semi-decent hour.


Friday Dustin's parents flew in on Friday and we did lunch. Then all the girls went shopping for baby bows and girl clips. I finally caved and bought Sadie the bow I've been eyeing even though it's hard to match. So I may have to strecth to make it work, but I love it. Also got some new burp cloths and Ellie got some cute hair stuff. We also went shoe shopping and to the mall to look for clothes (which we were more than successful at).








Saturday was the big target run for birthday cake fixings and presents. Ellie and my mom made QUITE the cake. Three layers, two complete cake mixes, two cans of frosting, plus decorating frosting, sprinkles and cherries. We STILL have some sitting in our fridge. It was actually really delicious, I must admit. Plus Ellie had so much fun making it. Ellie also had Kindergarten testing, we did some more shoe shopping, which ended in Ellie laying on the ground crying because I wouldn't let her buy another pair of pink shoes. Later at dinner she told me that Jesus would let her have as many pink shoes as she wanted. And yes, she got a HUUUUGE lecture after that. Some one was waaaaay too spoiled this weekend. Then we cleaned and cooked for Sunday.





































Sunday was so much fun. We blessed Sadie at 8:30 in the morning, so we were surprised when over 40 people showed up. That's love. And then we got to feed them. Or should I say, Dustin got to feed them. I loved every second of the noise and the craziness. The only sad part was there was no baked french toast leftover for breakfast. In fact, there was no food left by the time everyone left. Not even a grape. I'm not sure what happend the rest of the day -- lots of cleaning and eating of birthday cake.


This morning we went out to eat for Ellie's birthday, rode in Reggie, rode bikes and then shoved my parents out the door. Dustin's sister-in-law came over for lunch and now I'm sitting here enjoying the first minute of solitude I've had in almost a week.

Here's a few more pictures from the weekend:



And since this weekend sort of turned into a girl-centric weekend, a nate picture for all to love. We were looking for the remote control to our DVD player so Ellie could play a game her grandparents gave her for her birthday (which we still can't find) and Nate decided he needed to look in the highest part of our enterainment center. We then could not get him to come down.

Below -- some more Nate pictures (and the girls too): Sadie and D's dad, Nate upset that my mom's leaving, Nate and D's mom, Nate loving his blanket while being ignored at Sadie's party, me and Sadie decompressing, Ellie and mom decorating the cake, my parents at breakfast holding the gift Cheryl gave Ellie for her birthday (long story as to why it is out at breakfast and why my parents are holding it) and Jake (my nephew) with Sadie -- isn't he a handsome kiddo?


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Crap. The blog nazi is back. It was fun while it lasted... ;)

Great photos! So glad you had a great weekend!

Lisa said...

maddy! that is some kind of weekend! i loved how much shoe shopping was done! great pics!

Ammon said...

You have the CUTEST kids! My favorite pic is the one of Sadie with the big bow! Where do you find such cute bows? Also, I completely understand the meltdown over shoes...this is why Carly no longer comes shopping with me! She gets a big case of the gimmies!

Janel said...

I love/hate those whirlwind weekends. That cake is fabu!!! LOL @ Ellie and the pink shoes, ahhhh girls. And yeah, 40 people......We were all crammed into the overflow because of all the ROGERS!!!! LOL just kidding, thats awesome that so many people love you. :D

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had such a fun time!! I also love all the noise and craziness, but it is nice when it is over too. I am still laughing about the pink shoes . . . little girls :).

Kerry said...

LMBO at Beth! I thought the same thing about you being back. ;) I thought we had more time to slack and then you come back with the epic entry plus pictures!!! ;)

Sounds like it was the perfect weekend!! Your kids all look adorable! The bow, that cake! WOw!!

I laughed when I saw that picture of Nate before I even read about it. I thought, "Wait... that box is in her entertainment center! Did he climb up there?!?!"

Sure enough, he did!!! Got to love boys!

Welcome back to the blog girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

OMIHEAVENS!!! Loving all these cute photos!!!