layout

2/14/2008

5 reasons to love Sadie

V-day has been a little wild here. Heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, Valentines for the kids form us, school for Ellie, the gym for Sadie, Nate and me. Then I ran home and got Nate ready for a party and me ready to do Ellie's class thing. Got home and found that Sadie had systematically destroyed the house while I was gone. That cute little green and yellow pot is usually full of 3o or 4o pink daisies. Not today.

So in honor of all the things crazy things she's done this week, here are 5 more reasons to love Sadie.

1. Sadie loves the piano. She loves to play it, but mostly she prefers to climb on it.

2. Sadie also loves shoes, especially pulling all of them out of the closets and shoes cupboards. While most babies Sadie age are just learning to walk, Sadie has mastered walking in my high heels. Her best trick is opening the cupboard under the sink by the garage door and then putting all of the shoes in front it so that it is impossible to get in from the garage.

3. She is also really great at climbing on the furniture and trying to jump off of it. The other day she thought maybe she should try to get off the couch by going over the arm of it. Once she was hanging there, she decided that it was a little bit too far of a drop and spent the next 5 minutes trying to swing herself back onto the couch. She was successful!

4. Another talent of Sadie's is climbing onto the bathroom counter.
The bathroom door must be shut at all times because Sadie will go get a stool, put it up to the toilet, climb on the seat of the toilet, then climb onto the back of the toilet and cross over onto the counter. She has also figured out how to turn on the water in the sink. Usually we can keep her out of harms way, but sometimes Nate will go to the bathroom and I won't even know and sure enough -- the door is left open.

5. And last but not least. . . Because Sadie knows just where to go when Mom is cleaning. For the last week I kept finding little brownish red streaks on the floor. I would mop and later in the day they would appear again. Basically I was mopping twice a day to get rid of these weird streaks. I checked everyone's shoes, the bottoms of Nate's cars and trains. . . could not figure out what was making these darn streaks appear. So finally one day I'm mopping and I turn around to find fresh streaks where I had just mopped. The only thing following along beside me -- Sadie. So I pick her up to look at the bottom of her feet. Her big toes each had little cracks on them and were bleeding, poor baby! Everywhere she went, she was leaving little streaks of blood. A little intensive lotion therapy and some socks and I no longer have to mop the floor multiple times a day.

And in case you're wondering Sadie just wears PJs all day, the answer is no. I get her dressed about 1 in the afternoon. And then we strip her down at night because she insists on feeding herself.

15 comments:

Ammon said...

Oh, she is too cute for words! And, Wes does almost all of the same tricks! Happy Valentine's Day!

Lara Neves said...

I think that Sophie and Sadie are most definitely kindred spirits. I have almost an identical picture of Sophie doing everything that you have posted. So fun...she's totally adorable!

Lisa Brown said...

What a great post! I reminded me that lily used to do that climbing onto the bathroom counter from the toilet thing - i had completely forgotten. She and derek would get along great - they both have a shoe fettish, and they have a penchant for getting into trouble :).

Janel said...

She probably walks in heels better than some grown women!!! Way to break her in early.

Casey said...

She is so cute which should be reason #6 to love Sadie! She is active isn't she?

Lisa said...

you think those things are crazy? wait until she tells you she is republican!! ha ha

Holly said...

What a hard stage! Luckily it doesn't last forever...right? I love the innocent looks on her face!

Meredith said...

What a destroyer!!! Neither of my kids have done that kind of thing...maybe 3rd kid is the charm?

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Can I say some people are blog crazy. You just posted this today and its not even 10 am and I am the 8th person making a comment. Sadie is darling. I don't know how you keep up. You are truly an example to me.

Kerry said...

We love Sadie!!

Good luck for the next couple of years with that one. Bwahahahahaa!

Chelsea said...

Crazy girl! ya right she is either naked or in jammies all day. You SEARCHED through pics I bet to find one not in jammies! :) I love all of it! Her and Cash need to hang out. Maybe they can mellow eachother out. We actually have to keep our bathrooms locked now because of how crazy he goes in there. And he opens doors so just shutting it isn't an answer. Yesterday he learned how to open the fridge. I wanted to cry. Off to target to get a fridge lock! And can I say too I am jealous she can wear heals. I can't! I am one of the "women" Janel is speaking of!!

Chelsea said...

ps...I just saw your comment about potty training............ I responded! :) easy?!....sigh...

Amy F. said...

That is too cute! What a climber. She must be pretty dang strong to pull herself back up from hanging off the couch! That's so funny!

laura said...

dang, she is cute! :) those are some great pictures!

Kaelene said...

Maddy, you are so good to get photographic evidence of all of those Sadie things! Someday, when she has a child just like her, you can laugh, together, at the photos that you have archived!