layout

2/13/2008

Valentine's 5 fun activities -- plus some

Since tomorrow is the big day and I've had 2 parties to plan, I thought I would share some of the activities we've been up to!

Lollipop flowers




















I just used flat heart shaped suckers in the back, di-cut some flowers and added ribbon. For Nate's buddies we left it at that, but for Ellie's school party we're sticking them in cellophane bags with little hearts that the kids are going to make into coupons like: free cuddle, read one book, clean my room, make my bed. . .

Making and decorating cookiesToday *and* tomorrow.

Broken heartsThis is for Ellie's class tomorrow. Hand out half of a heart to each kid in the class and then they have to find their match.

Hot Heart
Basically Hot Potato but with a stuffed heart. If the heart lands on you, everyone has to say something nice about you. Awww, so sweet.

Conversation heart cards
These were for the little boys to do. Basically I drew a heart and they glued the little hearts in the card. At least what they didn't eat.

Steal My Heart
This is a game for Ellie's class using more conversation hearts. You put a bunch in a bowl and the kids have to use a chopstick to see how many they can get out in an alloted time.

Heart Finger Puppets












Left is how they *should* turn out, and to the right are the boys. Remember they're only 3. And boys. They were more interested in sticking their fingers through the holes than decorating them OR taking a picture. I couldn't even get Nate to turn his around to show me.

Valentine totesBasically just two paper plates, some shapes and ribbon. The gluing was the most fun for them. These were for them to stick all their lollipops, crafts and Valentines in.

And yes, Chelsea-- that's Nate in his PJ bottoms. I knew you could relate. I forgot to get him dressed while I was running around getting ready for the party.

2/14 -- Dang it! I have some super cute picture, including Ellie and her crush, but I decided I'd better not put them up since I don't really know their parents all that well. So here are the 3 pictures I have where you can't really see anyone else's face.We missed Her teacher's b-day, so we had a little surprise party at the end. I made a flower pen for each kid to give her and then we sand and had cake. You can tell Ellie thought the surprise was so much fun.
I think every kid in the school wore red today. Ellie had to wear her boots of course.

11 comments:

Kaelene said...

That looks like some great fun for the kids!
And you go girl with your photo stying!! They look AWESOME! :)

Chelsea said...

You win the amazing mom award. Such fun cute ideas! Where is your trophy?

And I am glad you want to read the dog book. You of all people will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! :) As for the other book, you will love it too, I guess! Let me know if you end up reading it!

Chelsea said...

Haha!!! I was going to say something when I first commented, but then I thought that just maybe they were real pants and I didn't need to end up offending anyone today. And lo and behold you added that in! Sooo funny! Makes me feel WAY better about myself and my children knowing super mom's kids wear pj's all the time too!! And can I just add to that I am glad that you have been blogger queen too lately. No one updates anymore besides you and Janel. I know I can count on you ladies!

Holly said...

How do you find the time??? It looks like fun! And...by the way... I think I'd be pretty funny drunk:0) I was thinking it would've been even funnier if I kept drinking without a clue! I was a little happy that night...

Janel said...

VERY cute!!! I am IN LOVE with bakerella. This could turn me into a baking fool. Its a secret love.

Sadie and I made those paper plate heart bags last year, they were really fun. My class party is ready to rock and roll, I'm excited. I love the candy heart cards, very clever.

Kerry said...

Wait a minute. I thought I stumbled upon Martha Stewart's blog. But it's MADDY!!

I thought you were crazy over Christmas, but man you rock Valentines day too. What CUTE ideas you have!!!!

BTW, I love the message board in your kitchen!! IT looks gorgeous!!!

Meredith said...

Cute. Why don't you plan kits for the rest of us so our kids don't look lame? MY kids wanted to glue candies (2 miniatures, thank you, not just one) to a little card that we made. Lindsay has a field trip today so their party is quite abbreviated. Maybe next year. All your ideas are darling!

Ammon said...

You are such a ropckstar! I'm glad I know you otherwise I'd totally be jealous of you. Well, ok, I'm still jealous of you, but I feel cool because I know you.

Lisa Brown said...

What awesome ideas! I love the broken hearts game!! You are so great to do your kid's parties. It makes me excited for Lily to be in kindergarten next year.

Nicole said...

holy cow! you are like the best mom ever! As for me I was running around getting everything last minute for Corbin's class party.

swampbaby said...

You really are an over-achiever, Maddy. Seriously, how do you function?! I threw some Hershey kisses in cute little cellophane bags and called it good.