layout

2/11/2008

Weekend Top 5

The 5 highlights of my weekend:

1. Getting bit by a dog. Hey, I didn't say they were *good* highlights. I had a school project to work on for Ellie's class and a couple of the moms expressed that they would like to help, so we met for a play date on Saturday at Ellie's friend's house.

I should have known I was going to get bitten when I heard the yippee dog from behind the door. Right as we walked in I got bit! OUCH! Needless to say, it has only deepened my disdain for dogs -- sorry Beth and Kerry. The pain is gone, but I still have a big old bruise.

2. Dinner at Doug's. Dustin has a brother who lives out in Maricopa. Embarrassingly enough, we only see him 3-4 times a year, so we thought we'd trek out there and give the kids their Christmas gifts. It was fun and I can never figure out why we don't do it more often. Anyone else live close to a relation they never see or is it just us?

Doug made a great dinner, the kids played, Ellie kicked butt at Wii bowling and golf. . . Cody did not take that well.

3. Getting birth certificates. Janel was sweet enough to drive with me into the ghetto, uh, I mean downtown Phoenix, to get our kids their birth certificates. I got Ellie's right before registering her for school, so I hit a record with Sadie and Nate by getting theirs at the tender age of 3 and 1. At least I beat Janel -- she had to get Cooper's. We got talking and missed our turn so Dayton and Nate got a lovely tour of the junk heaps and train tracks. Nate loved every second of it.

4. 8 is Great! We had our baptism preview last night and it was so much fun. Of course I started crying when the moms started talking about their kids. 8 seems so grown up and Ellie is going to be there in just a few short years :(

5. Date night with some friends. We went up to see Jesterz, leaving time to eat beforehand. However, due to the 1o1 closing, a huge accident on the 2o2, and the stop-and-go traffic/lack of food making one first trimester pregnant friend sick to her stomach, we stopped to eat at this pit of a BBQ joint. At least the company was good.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

RE: #3. AT LEAST I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! I got the girls' BCs a couple weeks ago.

oh and you think 16th and osborn in the ghetto you might REALLY NOT want to go to 7th and washington (or at least I think that's where I was when I saw true sadness and desparation). You'll end up twitching.

Molly said...

Fun weekend! Sorry about the dog biting incident. I love Jesterz, I wish we could have gone. Who is pregnant in their first trimester???

Chelsea said...

So you have officially been welcomed to Arizona I guess! :) Next time anyone happens to "run by" there, would you get me the mail in form? I need to get Cash's still. But I suppose picking up a phone would be faster than running by. Yea for date night!!

Lara Neves said...

Dumb dog.

I still need to get Sophie's, and since she was born down there only 3 weeks before I moved up here, I haven't really gotten on that. And I didn't get Bria's until she was 3..a bit after Chloe was born. Don't feel bad. :)

I missed the baptism preview for Bria last night. I'm feeling horrible about it...just completely spaced it. Sigh.

Ammon said...

Wait, you have to go pick up their birth certificates? Mine are always mailed to me. And hey! A BBQ joint (pit or not) sounds pretty delicious to me! I miss American food... (soft weeping)