layout

2/07/2008

Frustration!



Yuck -- do you just have one of those days when you're so frustrated? That is today for me. First off, it doesn't help that the house I spent days cleaning is already messy and the laundry is piled up -- AGAIN. It is so frustrating to do the same things again and again every single day.

<--- Major source of frustration right there. She can tear apart the house faster than I can clean up and today she didn't nap, so I had no time to try and mitigate her destruction. She even wears out the day care people at the gym. Every time I pick her up I have to hear what she climbed on or what she destroyed.

Another frustration -- I'm getting old. The other day Dustin and I were watching American Idol and he says, "Hey look, that person's as OLD as you are." Not "as young as" or "the same age as" . . . like somehow an AI contestant must be ancient if they're the same age as I am. Then at Amy's shower she said I was like her BIG sister. And I'm getting wrinkles. And gray hair.


Today I decided to make these cute cupcakes in a jar I had heard about on etsy. I thought they would make cute birthday gifts for neighbors/friends or little Valentine's Day gifts. So I dragged the kids to the store, bought all the stuff and it just didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped.

The first one I made ended up with frosting all over the side, the next one I didn't put enough frosting in to make it look appealing. . . so the right is my third attempt. The left is the cuteness it's suppose to resemble. I didn't have any Valentine-y paper so I just grabbed some of Ellie's dollar spot cards. Hopefully if I got get some cute paper and make some fun toppers I'll like them better. And Dustin suggested piping the frosting in, so there might be hope yet.


Frustrated with Tuesdays results. Just a tiny bit since Obama still has a chance, butt I'm bummed about Huckabee and McCain. What is wrong with people?
**Sorry** When I wrote this I had been watching a show where they were discussing the idea that Huckabee and McCain had some sort of underhanded side deal going to keep votes from Romney. I didn't mean that I had any problem with people who actually VOTED for McCain, just frustrated at the idea that something like that ad taken place. Sorry if it came across that I thought anyone who voted for McCain had anything wrong with them.

Anyway, enough whining. Off to pick up Ellie and have a fun play date at my girlfriend's house. Ciao for now.

18 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I here you about toddlers wreaking chaos on everything! Derek undoes things before I can turn around, and I get so frustrated. Some days really are harder than others, aren't they? Here's to a better day tomorrow :).

Molly & Meredith said...

Those are cute. Definitely the piping in the frosting thing will help. Isn't Dustin great to have around? I can just imagine Steve saying "I don't know what to tell ya but who cares, it still tastes good, right?" I would dig into that like nobody's business! It was fun to eat (sort of) with you guys last night!

Molly & Meredith said...

Oops - I was logged in not as my own blog - we just started a Susie Baby blog and (it has nothing in it) so that is really from Mer.

Janel said...

Well at least you don't have to be the MOM!!!! LOL Just kidding, I don't care. I think the cupcakes look amazsing, YUM! Make sure and bring me the ones you think don't turn out, because I'm sure they are wonderful. ;)

The Tyler's said...

They look fabulous to me! Send them my way:)!

Ammon said...

Uh, I think your cupcakes turned out cuter than the Etsy ones! Also, I totally understand your frustration! I feel the same way!

Maddy said...

Jill -- I actually planned on sending one over your way since you lent me the egg and all, but then they turned out so ugly, I was too embarased to give them to anyone.

Amy F. said...

Maddy -You think you're old?!! You're crazy! Anyone that helps me and leads me is like a "big" sister! You probably haven't aged since high school. I don't want you to think you're old! Hey, and those treats turned out way cute. I know what you mean about frustration, so if you have any tips on how to avoid daily monontony I'll take 'em! :)

Lisa said...

well i would love to leave you some tips, but i guess i never feel frustrated or old. LOL and maddy--you don't look a day over 37!!!

oh--anna wants either hillary or obama. she said that if hillary won it would be the first woman. and if obama won he would be like martin luther king. i think we should just start a write-in campaign for oprah.

Megan said...

Those cupcakes look great! Great idea. I think Sadi is showing me what I'm in for with Lucy...I wish I could teach her not to crawl...

Chelsea said...

Uhmm...CUTEST brownies. I think those would ship good with a bit of bubble wrap, Just in case you were worried how to get them here. ;)

At least busy girl is the cutest thing in the world. I love that she is sitting in the truck like she is driving it. LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

Maddy, you are the best. Always on TOP of what is happening. After checking out etsy, which is very dangerous, I agree with Dustin on the frosting. Also, try using the smaller, jelly, jars. Have fun and keep blogging. It is always my LIFT for the day Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Maddy, I totally know those type of bummer days when you just want to start over! But a little dose of reality for ya....As much as Sadie destroys your house she is so dang cute, you look fabulous--seriously (try getting asked if you were sisters with your mom!), and I actually like the way your cupcakes turned out better than the ones from Etsy!

Anonymous said...

Send her to me. Immediately. I want her.

Unknown said...

Frustrated with Tuesdays results. Just a tiny bit since Obama still has a chance, butt I'm bummed about Huckabee and McCain. What is wrong with people?


:(

Ann said...

I think your cupcake project turned out super cute! Besides that, your mouth doesn't care what it looks like and I'm sure it was delish! Don't you just wish sometimes that laundry and dishes would just cease to multiply for one day? You can just never be "done" with it!

Nicole said...

Maddy I remember once when we were first married talking to my mom and saying,"Hey, I'm almost done with my laundry." That's when she laughed and said, "Nicole, you'll never be DONE with the laundry." It's sad but true. No matter how much we accomplish one day it seems like we have just the same or more the next. Sometimes I have days where I just sit and stare at the laundry in disbelif that it's there again, waiting to be washed and folded.

Jamie said...

Sadie is just way too cute to cause any problems!

The cupcakes turned out great! I've been wanting to try those too but my kitchen aid is temporarily out of commission.

I was frustrated with the McCain/Huckabee shenanigans too!!!