layout

2/05/2008

Don't forget to vote!

If you live in a Super Tuesday state go vote! It's so easy and fast, just take a minute to run out and do it.

Nate and I ran over this morning and cast our vote for Barak Obama, despite Ellie wanting me to vote for Hillary Clinton because "she's a girl." I was going to vote for him anyway, but for the last few days I've gotten 2 or 3 calls a day from his camp which made me like him even more. Hillary didn't even bother to call me. She must have known I was a lost cause. Anyone else get any calls?

I'm so excited to watch the results come in tonight. I'm rooting for Mitt and Obama to do well.

The neighborhood playgroup was here yesterday. My secret weapon: puzzles.

I tried to put a pony in Sadie's hair for Church on Sunday. She pulled it out in the middle of her nap and had Alphalfa hair for the next 2 days.


I forgot to add this little gem:
Last night Ellie got into a little trouble before bed. When I was heading into our room later during the night, I found this little note shoved out from under her door. It says: I am not perfect. What I love is that her arms are crossed in the picture, and steam is coming out of her ears. But maybe I will be a little more relaxed for a few days.

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

Way to rock the vote! Cute pic of you and Nate!

Sadie's diaper isn't as cool as Cash's diaper photo shoot. She is super cute with her pony though! I love her dimple!

Chelsea said...

fight away....fight away!!! :) haha!!

And cute Ellie addition with the drawing. Sooo funnny!!

Ammon said...

I just sighed in relief that Carly is not the only child that brings me "I'm not happy" drawings! I thought childhood was all about rainbows and a tree with a big hole but apparently when you make my 5 year old upset you get a picture with a sad, crying little girl beside a mean, angry, one-eyed monster (me)!

The Tyler's said...

I am cracking up at that picture Ellie drew. I can't wait for Brody to leave me little notes under the door. Too funny!
And what cute little kids...trying to make silly faces. My Sadie doesn't quite get it yet.

Molly said...

We voted, it took forever though and I had both kids with me, but they were perfectly well behaved so I can't complain. I love Sadie's pony, that's funny. And Ellie's note is the cutest!

Lisa Brown said...

That reminds me of a note my 8 yr old niece wrote me when I was taking care of her. "I'm going to tell my mom I hate you. Love, Megan" - Fun times :).

Nicole said...

Ok, first that pic of you and Nate is TOOOOO cute! Next I loved when Lexi's hair was just long enough to put in a pony! And let me just say that pic. that Ellie drew is toooo funny. I totaly remember writing notes or coloring ic and putting them under my mom's door! I really love the steam thing, she is so imaginative! And the red eyes!
Anyways, it was fun seeing you today. See ya on Thurs.

Lara Neves said...

Ellie's picture is a huge crack up! I love it when my kids do that kind of thing. :)

Unknown said...

I just LOVE you, Maddy! Texas doesn't vote on Super Tuesday, but I'll be watching the results tonight too. I'm pulling for the same candidates you are--Mitt and Obama :-) I miss my politically informed friend!

Also, thanks for the photo of Ellie's note. It was very cute and expressive. A treasure for sure.

Meredith said...

That picture is funny. I love what they come up with!

Janel said...

Ellies picture is priceless!! You are going to be able to make the best binder of her pictures she had made to give to her someday. It will be a riot to look through later.

I'm glad you said who you voted for because I was really curious!! :D

Kaelene said...

Okay, how cute is Ellie? She is learning to express herself . . . and given you something to blackmail with when she's older! LOL
Way to rock the vote, and set a great example for your boy!

Anonymous said...

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Hillary won AZ. ANd Cali ANd New York. YUCK!

Love that pic Maddy!

Anonymous said...

I love that even as ticked off as Ellie was, she still managed to draw on her long and lucious eyelashes. Good girl. The steam coming out of her ears is perfect.
I think that just made my day.

laura said...

oh my goodness - that is the best picture ever! :) i love it so much!

i dragged the kids off to vote with me! :) i even walked to my polling place - i'm so green! :P
xo

swampbaby said...

I'm loving that letter. That is a keeper! Good for you for voting. So many people don't...