layout

2/12/2008

TV top 5

So the Writer's Strike is ending and most of the TV shows will have new episodes airing in April/May. Part of me is really excited, but then I can't quite figure out what I'm missing so much. Some of my all time favorite shows are on right now. I pretty much don't watch any shows live just because the kids are awake and we're busy doing family things, but these 5 shows get watched as soon as the kids are in bed. Oh, and there will be spoilers ahead.

Survivor

I have watched every season of this show and I still love it. I am so happy to see Ozzy and Yao Man back on. And how awesome was it that the Fans kicked the Favorites butts in the first episode? I loved it!! Maybe they shouldn't be so cocky after all. Plus it got rid of Johnny Fairplay. This season will be so much better without him.

Lost

I was mad that they made us wait almost a whole year before new episodes aired and I wasn't even all that crazy about watching the first episode until I finally sat down and did it. Now I'm hooked all over again. I think you have to be a masochist to watch this show because they never answer any questions! Every week I just have more. Why do I do this to myself? What 6 are the Oceanic 6? Why were the 4 sent to the island. Why do they want Ben? What is up with the freaky cabin in the woods? ANSWER ME!!!

Masterpiece

This airs on PBS on Sunday nights in case you have no idea what I'm talking about. Right now they are playing movies of all Jane Austen's works. So every Sunday there is some sappy romance on. I love it. Right now they are in the middle of the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. Watching anything Jane Austen makes me giddy, and who isn't in love with Mr. Darcy?

Project Runway
Make it work! This show wouldn't work without Tim Gunn, so he'd better never leave. My favorite designer has to be Chris March. I am so glad they brought him back. He just seems so nice and fun. The models play a smaller role every season it seems. Why not just get rid of them all together? This season they haven't even modeled that much.

And last but not least. . .
American Idol
Hollywood Week starts tonight. Finally! I like the auditions, but they seemed to last forever this year. Last weeks' show made me mad because they weren't even all from one place, just a compilation of stuff not good enough to make the first round of audition shows. Lame! I can't wait for tonight to get down to the nitty gritty and see the talent. And of course play in Brett's most awesome AIFL! Anyone else planned their evening around this?

Maddy Out!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

As far as the tube goes....
Love lost, just got into it again, and LOVE AI. Can't wait for tonight! And yes...I am counting down the minutes till I can put the boys down to watch it! I go in and out of Survivor. And I always forget about PR. I need to find out when that is on here. I missed your edited post. Hope you are doing better today! :) We all love you Maddy!!!

Nicole said...

WE LOVE LOST!!!!!! I missed last weeks and still havn't watched it but everyday I think "MAYBE" I'll have time to watch it today...... and nope! But I will watch it before Thurs. We need to get DVR because a friend says that you can pause it at certain times to see extra little hints!!!

Jamie said...

I think Lost is just about the best show ever. It sucks you just like that black smoke. Big Brother is starting tonight too (shhh don't tell anyone I watch that trash).

Chelsea said...

I just saw that you wrote Maddy out! haha! You crack me up!!!

Anonymous said...

you never comment on the blog you MADE me get

Maddy said...

KS -- didn't realize you were actually blogging these days. Checked it out, commented and LOVED it. You are HILARIOUS!

Chelsea -- I wish you would update too!

Jamie -- Shhhh, don't tell anyone that I watch BB too. This season looks really cheesey/silly. I love it!

Meredith said...

Lost and Project Runway...all the way!! I had the intention of getting into Pride and Prejudice when it was on...and I missed the beginning. I think I might rent it.

Molly said...

Weird, I commented today and it's not on here. The basic jist was that I love Survivor and I'm so glad JFP is gone, what a dork. And I really need to watch American Idol and Biggest Loser from last night but I need to wait until Andy gets home from his mtgs. And, Chris is my favorite too, I love that guy! Really, I love TV, what can I say? I'm really looking forward to the Office.

Lisa Brown said...

I am, and always will be, in love with Mr. Darcy. It is good that my husband understands that :).