layout

2/20/2008

Pretend it's Monday

Happy Memorial Day. Uhhhh, I mean President's Day.

OK, so in reality Monday was a sad day. We had to say good bye to Lola and Kyle. BOO HOO!

But not without the traditional Mangum family send off.
And after that we were all very sad. Especially Nate.
The weekend was AWESOME though. We ate a lot of gross food, got pedicures, played Webkinz, made cake balls, visited family, played some board games, and rocked out to Rock Band. We were pretty awesome. And by awesome I mean Dustin, Kathleen and Kyle were good and they let me sing vocals on easy the entire time. And I didn't know any lyrics. But I think we all knew that already. Other than that I was AWESOME.
The other highlight had to be when Sadie threw up all over me. Twice. The first time was disgusting, but I showered and got all cleaned up, only to sit back down and be puked all over AGAIN. The second time it happened made me want to vomit.

Luckily she's all better now and loving the little package that came in the mail for her birthday from Grandma R. Thank you!! And please note that she's dressed! The pictures above in PJs can all be excuse since I think they were taken at 7 or 8 in the morning. No one should have to put clothes on before noon on a holiday!

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

holiday?! Well then everyday is a holiday!!

Cute pictures! Sad sad pic of Nate with your sis leaving. :( I love the car push. We soooo did that as kids too! And we did this silly arm wave thing when people left. How were the cake balls?

I didn't add Ann because Nicole did! :) Or should I double tag her? Then is it canceled out? So you feeling the spirit and want to do it?! I won't hold my breath...

Maddy said...

Well since I only do like 1 tag a year, I think I'm saving it for the "what's in your bag" tag.

Janel said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend!!

Meredith said...

Fun all weekend? Lucky you!! It was/is crazy over here!!!

Ammon said...

ok, so i know i should comment about how adorable your kids are, or what a fun weekend you had, yadda, yadda, yadda... but all i can think about is ellie's cuter-than-words dress! where did you get it?

Kerry said...

Aw a baby doll for Sadie! That blue and brown polka dot thing looks like it is going to be cute enough to eat too! I need to see a picture with that!!!

Ellie looks adorable too! I love the picture of her with the flag, and the 'send off' is hysterical!!!

Other than the vomit episode, it sounds like it was a fun weekend!

Maddy said...

Lynette -- Gymboree. I bought it on Sale for like $1o!

Molly said...

Looks like a fun weeekend but I just had to let you know... Monday was not Memorial Day you big nerd!

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh! I am such a dork. Where has my brain been? It's not like Ellie hasn't brought home hundreds of pictures of presidents and funny GW stories. DUH!

Kaelene said...

I know exactly how Nate feels . . . that's what I want to do when my sister leaves!
Sounds like you all had a fun visit, though!
And OF COURSE you did awesome with the lyrics -- as usual! :)

Lisa Brown said...

What a great weekend - all except the puking part. Lily did that to me on an airplane once, and it was the first flight of 3 that day. Not fun.

So sad you had to say good bye to your sister though. I can't wait for my sister to visit. I am counting down the days and it isn't until July :).

Chelsea said...

Email me her email! Of course she is invited! That's the best rumor if it comes to fulfilment.

Kat said...

You looked amazing on Thursday!! You totally pulled it off so well :)

laura said...

sorry you got puked on! ;)

sounds like a pretty fun weekend aside from that!

Holly said...

Why is it that us MOMS always get puked on? I could seriously picture you being all cleaned and puked on again...sorry...I laughed a little:o)
So, how did your cake balls turn out? I need to try those! And, the picture of Nate is enough to break a heart! So sad!

Lisa said...

poor little nate. my girls always get sad when a family member leaves!!