layout

2/02/2008

Saturday fun!

The last few weekends have been really busy and I've left my kids with a babysitter a little too much -- so much so that they groan when I say the word "babysitter" -- so we decided to take Saturday off. I was the only one with any commitments for the day, so the rest of the time we could all work. I am in the best mood because we were all so stinking productive!

Car -- cleaned! Inside AND out. Dustin even rearranged the car seats for me and Sadie is now facing forward!

Office -- spotless! The office turns into a pit since Dustin works from home and it drives me crazy to look in there. Usually it gets a good cleaning when he's out of town, but since the kids were sick last time he was gone, it got even worse. Now I actually know where everything is.

Dishes, laundry, dusting, floors, cleaning kids' rooms, organizing junk baskets and drawers. . . done.

Valentine's -- finished. I gave Ellie the choice of making them or buying them and she picked making them. I made a few samples of do-able Valentine's and let her pick what she wanted to do and then I spent one night last week cutting all the pieces for her to put together. She thought it was fun for about 5 minutes before she started complaining how boring it was to do the same thing over and over. Next year we're buying them!

Baby gifts -- wrapped and ready. Isn't everyone pregnant? Well now I've got all their gifts are ready to go thanks to the fact that everyone is having a boy and Target had these really cute stacking boxes on clearance. They are perfect to put presents in. Now I just need something creative for Mer since she's actually having a girl.

Garage -- cleaned! Dustin has been listening to me nag about the garage for months now, so I appreciate him spending the afternoon out there while I spent an hour socializing when I was out "picking something up."

So after all our hard work there was a knock at the door and my neighbor wanted to know if my kids could come out and play in the snow. Her husband had gone snow camping this weekend and brought back a truck load of snow. it wasn't long before the whole neighborhood was out for a massive snowball fight. I was surprised Nate got into it as much as he did, but he LOVED it. This is the way to do snow I tell you! A big fat pile in the 6o degree weather. PERFECT ending to a perfect day. Does it make me a sick person if cleaning and organizing can make me this happy?

10 comments:

Ammon said...

I hear ya' on the cleaning and organizing thang! I absolutely LOVE the feeling of a clean, orderly home. Glad you had a fun, productive week!

Meredith said...

How stinkin' fun, the snow I mean! You got a lot done - that is so awesome! But really, even your house at its worst is about my house at its best! :) We worked all day, kinda like you, but it was finishing setting the stones in the front yard and pulling weeds in the back. My hands are so trashed...I can barely type! And oh, my pregnant back!

Chelsea said...

Woo hoo for clean house! Yes you can be that excited. And yes it's that normal. Can I just say that I love that Cody has an office outside of our house now. That thing was the dump when he was home. Now it always stays so nice and neat. Except I miss him home all the time. Way to go Miss Crafty on making Valentine's! I am gald I have boys and they won't think it's cool to make things. I really got blessed with only boys since I am so not the crafty mom.

Sorry my blog wasn't working. I have no idea what was going on. Yes there is a big skull on it, but the words usually scroll over it. The good news was about his brain test for his hearing. Try again to get details. It's long! :) And I am sure everyone else doens't want to hear more about ME on YOUR blog! :)

swampbaby said...

I vote yes - it makes you a sick person to be that happy over cleaning and organizing. ;-)

But I will admit it is a good feeling. Love the snow in the yard. I want to do that kind of winter. I've had enough of it here!

Lara Neves said...

I love to organize and clean. I need to do it though. I have NO time.

I did just recently buy some tupperware modular mates for my pantry...I just have to find the time to get it all cleaned out and reorganized! Can't wait!

Love the way you did the snow. That's what I want to do!

Kaelene said...

I think it is a wise person who is happy about being clean and organized, and Hey, having help is the BEST part!!
I wanna play in the snow, like that! Those photos will make some cute scrappy pages!!

Janel said...

If you're sick then I am sick too. Cleaning is therapy for me. I'm just too inconsistent.

Amy F. said...

Oh Maddy, I so can't wait to be able to clean and organize like I used to... Its okay though, I have someone helping me this week! You're not crazy- I love the feeling of being clean and organized. Now if only Shawn would catch on the garage cleaning "nagging" as well! I thought that was snow, but then I just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me...

laura said...

that snow looks like so much FUN! :)

laura said...

that snow looks like so much FUN! :)