layout

2/02/2008

We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet


I loved watching the services for President Hinckley this morning. It has been a really hard week for me -- so much so that I couldn't really even talk about it. I really love President Hinckley, so today was so wonderful to listen to others celebrate his life. He was just such an amazing Prophet -- so loving and such an example of serving willfully and happily. You just don't don't find many people this day who approach their callings with as much zeal as that 98 year old man did! He will be missed. Tonight when we were saying prayers Ellie said, "Thank Thee for our Prophet and thank Thee that we can have a new Prophet." I feel so lucky to belong to a Church with a living Prophet!! I'm so grateful that Ellie could remind me how blessed we really are!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

yeah--he was awesome!!

Holly said...

The night he passed away, I was really sad. I went into Micah's room and asked him, "How does it make you feel that President Hinckley is in Heaven?" He said, "I want to go to Heaven with him!" I think children have such a way about them...reminding us that heaven really isn't that far away! I am so glad you were finally able to post your feelings on our Prophet! Thanks for sharing!

Ammon said...

He was a remarkable man! Although I feel sadness for our loss, I can't help but feel peaceful and calm when I think of him being reunited with his wife. He will truly be missed.

Meredith said...

That is a handsome portrait. This had truly been a week of emotions on all levels, contemplating his passing. I feel blessed to have been taught by him for 12 years.

Chelsea said...

I am glad to know you have finally posted about this amazing man. I thought after his funeral yesterday I could stop crying...boy was I wrong. Sacrament was amazing with SOO many wonderful testimonies and stories about him. Can I please stop crying now?! Way to teach Ellie the truth, so she can remind us!

Kaelene said...

Thank you for posting this great picture!
I will truly miss him, too.
But, Ellie's right, the work must go on!