layout

10/10/2007

I love break

I thought October break was going to be long and miserable, but we are having so much fun. We haven't had a boring day yet, plus we usually get to sleep in. Monday we had all the neighborhood kids over here and Ellie was so bummed that Wyatt wasn't in town. She kept looking at all the little kids and saying, "Is this it? Where are all the big kids?" We even made cookies for FHE dessert.

Yesterday we had my girl friend's little girls over for the morning and lunch. The youngest is a little feisty one, so I kept getting notes from Ellie and Chloe saying things like: "Elise pushed Ellie off the bed" and "Elise told Ellie I don't like you." Then Ellie got to go to a farm with her friend Lindsay and they came back to have a sleep over here. After HSM 2 and 2 bags of popcorn, I got them settled down around 10:30 only to hear giggling at 6 this morning. When I finally got out of bed to see what was going on Ellie informed me, "Mom! We got up before the sun was even up." Yeah, I know honey.

Oh well, I've been amazed at how much I've accomplished for the day already!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I hit refresh to get your halloween pictures to show up and you posted right then. So I feel like I was on the phone with you and got an instant update. How special is that?! :) You are so brave to do sleep overs. My mom and dad never let us sleep over because we were way too grouchy the next day. I didn't think I was though. Carter has been getting up at 6 lately. It is rather annoying! I don't function that early.

Holly said...

Our rule is...the kids can't wake me up before the sun comes up over the mountain. Normally, that's at about 8am. The hard thing on our trip to Arizona...there WERE no mountains, and the kids would be up by 6 every morning. I don't know how you do it!

Ammon said...

Isn't amazing when you get up early you can get so much done! But, by 3pm I'm pooped!

Lisa said...

ok--did you not read the mommy handbook? no throwing out toys while kids are home and no sleepovers before the age of 10!! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Your daughter is so cute!! Gald you are having a good break :).