layout

10/20/2007

Yesterday was just one of those days where you try and fit everything in, and never truly do anything the justice it deserves. It's still fun, but would have been so much better if you'd just spread it out. To save you lots of boring reading, I'll hit the highlights

1. I took the kids to see the doctor -- FINALLY! This is so embarrassing, but Sadie hasn't been to the Doctor since she was 2 weeks old. It's a long story involving switching from my Pediatrician in Scottsdale and switching insurances, and just plain laziness on my part, but the poor girl is so behind on shots. She had to get 6 shots, plus go back in November to get 6 more shots, and December for 6 more and then in January, she'll hit her 1 year. I feel so bad for the poor baby! Good news - she's healthy and perfect. I was actually shocked to see that she is in the 75% for height. I always think of her as such a shrimp, but she's just long and lean. 29 inches and almost 18 pounds. I was also shocked to find out Nate is in the 90% for height. I always thought he was so short.

2. Schenpf Farms. I decided that after no naps and ten shots between Nate and Sadie that we should head out to the pumpkin patch. OK, not really. Dustin's boss and wife invited us to go with them and since we hadn't hung out with them in months Dustin decided he was going for sure. I had plans with my girl friends, so Dustin told me he would just take a 3 kids by himself. Being the sweetheart that I am, I told him he was crazy and decided to go along to help out. It was actually much more fun than I had expected.

I guess Fridays aren't as crowded, so the lines were short and we got to do everything: the train, the carousel, dinner, the slide, the Bee, the rocket ships. . . and even the roller coaster. I got to sit with Nate on the roller coaster and he was so much fun. I was holding onto him for dear life, and he was sticking his hands up in the air. It totally shocked me, but I loved sitting next to him hearing him yell. "YAHOOOO." I still think his favorite part was the train. We got on the last ride before it turned into the "spooky train" but the actors were a little confused and a few of them jumped out anyway. Ellie was scared. but Nate just sat there with this huge smile on his face because he was so happy to be on the train. And Sadie waved at all of them.

The train ride



Other rides



3. Scrapping. So we got home around 9:30 to find 2 of Dustin's friends that he had invited over, sitting outside of our house eating chips and probably making the neighbors suspicious. I made it to Beth's 4 hours later than planned and only managed to get my Christmas cards done instead of the other projects I had planned. Not all was lost, though, since I did manage to steal Halloween costumes from Beth -- the Queen of Halloween costumes, and some wings for Ellie who keeps change her mind over what she wants to be for Halloween. Plus I had gotten some crafty Halloween projects done earlier in the week.



Today Ellie has a birthday party and then we have the neighborhood Halloween party that I am super excited for! I'll have more picture soon.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Poor Sadie! It's so sad when they have to get shots! Atleast she'll be ok for awhile after the first of the year! Sounds like you had so much fun at the Farm! And...my goodness...I had forgotten how darn crafty you are! You need to rub off on me a little!

Anonymous said...

i have the prettiest nieces in the world! and nate is pretty handsome too.

Ammon said...

Look at all those cute Halloween decorations! I love 'em!

Ammon said...

Oh, and poor Sadie. :(

The Tyler's said...

I don't know why you think we are the only ones who go to Schnepf farms! I'm glad you guys went and had fun.
I forgot to ask how the neighbor party went. I'm so sad we missed it, but our reunion actually turned out great!!
My house for co-op tomorrow!!

Lisa said...

i was happy to see you! cute halloween decorations!

Kerry said...

I love your Halloween decorations! Your picture frame one look so cute! I like it better than mine! Now I have to RE DO!

I also recognize that boo shirt that Nate is wearing! I Love it!