layout

10/24/2007

Tragedy

We've just dropped Dustin off at the airport for a quick trip to Denver and I can't even pull away from the curb before Ellie breaks out in hysterics.

"I miss Daddy. . ." It continues with things like, "I love all the foods Daddy cooks for us. He's the best cooker. You just make us cereal." and "Our family isn't perfect without Daddy. He's the best Daddy because he's so tall." Then Nate joins in, "I. WANT. MY. DADDY. BACK. NOW!!" Finally the two quiet down and I hear small sobs from the two of them until Ellie says, "MOM! I'm really crying, but Nate's just faking." Which was actually true.

I love this picture of Nate. He's trying to protect his track from Sadie-the-Destroyer, but he knows he's going to be in trouble for sitting on her. Poor guy is so torn. It's hard to be almost 3.

And I have to share how the Fall Festival birthday basket came out, because I'm so proud of my own craftiness. I had to come up with a way to "package" 6 gift certificates and I think it turned out pretty cute. It's a little bright, but I wanted it to stand out at the auction.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I don't know if I should cry along with Ellie to get Dustin home eariler for you, or to laugh! That is so cute! The look Nate has is very familiar around here! And the craftiness for the gift cards: LOVE IT! I love the colors. They were my wedding colors so I guess I am always partial to the bright/neon stuff!

Anonymous said...

i am CRACKING up, madelyn elizabeth. i literally LOLed in class!

Holly said...

I had the crying thing happen today, and it almost drove me to the end. I love how Ellie rats Nate out about faking! Too funny! Your little tower of gifts is super cute! Your craftiness needs to rub off on me! Seriously!

Meredith said...

Holy Crap. That is a cute presentation...and not too bright. Why did you call ME looking for ideas?

And, Dustin IS the best cooker. I would be crying too!!! Hehehe....

laura said...

those gifties look adorable! nice work - it looks like a scrapbooker got ahold of them! :)

and i am LOL at the discussion with ellie and nate - they are super funny!